Wednesday, July 06, 2005

view from the tree


For as long as I can remember I have wanted to write. Just to put the inner world down on an outer medium accessible to the world. I enjoy the reaction from the recreation.

But I have not known the joy as abundantly as I had when I was younger. She will not save me from my joylessness. I am speaking of the “pen.” She will only observe my melancholy, inadequate and inanimate. I will lay her down on half-filled drafts and she will rest, her eyes dull toward slumber. I can’t enable her and she can’t help me.

Inside me are thoughts darting about like squirting children. They are loose and unfixed. They bound from the meadow to the field, from the topsy to the turvy. I follow them and lose them and find them, but always wonder about them; what shadows do they come from? They are not playing with me, and I know this, because I’ve been here before, long ago, and often begun here, and I was once young here. You have only to breathe, deep inside where the lungs aren’t the force you awake, to find your legs suddenly beside me, moving quicker and better.

I’m asleep now. Someday, I may not be.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cheesus Crust said...

I appreciate your interest in my ... work if you will. I did make a post just now with a sample chapter of my book in it so you can get sort of an idea. I also have a few shorts I plan on posting later.

I've bookmarked you and will be lurking when I have time.

July 07, 2005 1:33 AM  
Blogger Jonathan said...

John, thank you for the encouragement and prayers. It is also very good for me to hear you say that you are happy, that God is good, that things are well. With God, they must be. Even when they aren't. I think you follow my meaning. God bless.

July 09, 2005 11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home