Saturday, September 18, 2004

re: hello


Kate,

Beautiful, beautiful. Thank you for getting back. I can't imagine anything better than discussing—well, discussing whatever two people discuss when they really don't know each other. That definitely would be tops.

So you're a writer. That's cool. So you like to read a lot. Cool, too. So you've read To Kill a Mockingbird. Too truly cool! (Interestingly, I am a member of several book clubs and I recently ordered To Kill a Mockingbird. I have read it before and just wanted a nice edition of it. Say, have you read The Heart is a Lonely Hunter? I LOVE Carson McCullers. Only 23 when she published that!)

This is such an event meeting you. However, it's imperative that you know I'm a pretty dull bird in person: I don't think writing very equals talking. Maybe not. But I look forward to talking (writing ) with you.

BTW, you are beautiful and it confuses me how you can be divorced. Was that ok to say?

Stay happy.

John.